Thursday 17 March 2011

Vilkommen

Welcome, one and all, to Unsugared Syntax.

In this blog I am going to write about my experiences as a software engineer; from early geekdom through university and then through the twelve ridiculous years I have been practising the dark arts of programming in the commercial world.

I will be speaking candidly about my own first-hand experiences. Names have been changed for reasons I'm sure I don't need to elaborate upon. That said, I'm not going for bitter or vindictive ranting. The internet is already brimming with that. I'm aiming for 'wry'; I should, at the least, be able to pull off 'goofy'.

Unsugared Syntax will attempt to concentrate on the personalities, rather than on technical problems: everything from management to quirky hobbies to office romances. These stories should be accessible to a general audience, but I will probably add sidebar posts that will go into greater detail about programming problems, if a particularly interesting or funny one occurs to me.

I do not have a schedule. I'll be posting here whenever the mood takes me, and without much regard for chronological order: if I feel like talking about a particular person, job, problem or locale on a particular day, that's what you'll get.

Onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment